The covering letter should contain:
- The category of manuscript (original research, review articles, case reports etc.).
- Statement that the material has not been previously published or submitted elsewhere for publication (This restriction does not apply to abstracts published in connection with scientific meetings.)
- Transfer of copyright to the Pakistan Heart Journal upon the acceptance of the manuscript for publication
- All authors have reviewed the article and agree with its contents
- Information of any conflicts of interest (of any) of the authors
- Sources of research support, if any, including funding, equipment, and drugs
- The covering letter should also include the mailing address, telephone and fax numbers, and e-mail address of the corresponding author.